Gold laced wyandottes 7 weeks

Vintage Chick, I'm dying to know about Reese and Rolo. My Mimi and Trixi still lok about the same so I'm hopeful they are hens. They'll be 17 weeks tomorrow. I'll try to get new pictures today.

Vintage Chick, I'm dying to know about Reese and Rolo.  My Mimi and Trixi still lok about the same so I'm hopeful they are hens.  They'll be 17 weeks tomorrow.  I'll try to get new pictures today. 

I'm just seeing this thread for the first time. The GLW you posted last month are definitely pullets. I'm very glad you didn't get rid of them after being told otherwise! Feel free to post more photos to confirm though. At 17 weeks, there shouldn't be any confusion.

Both are pullets. Saddle and hackle feathers are bright orange and obvious by 16 weeks. Males don't have as much lacing on backs and wings.

They're about 24 weeks now. These two ladies love to run and chase each other when we first let them out in the morning. They fly about 10 feet as they come out of the coop, granted it's only about a foot off the ground. I'm still waiting for their first eggs. Our other girls are molting, so very few eggs for us these days.

Still waiting for Mimi and Trixi to lay their first eggs.  They are almost 29 weeks!

Not surprising. They are a slower to mature breed.

I also have 2, 8-week-old gold laced wyandottes! They are very skittish and I can't even go near them without them going crazy. Is it the same for you?

In my experience, most chicks are fairly skittish at that age. They usually start to calm down and become friendlier when they get closer to laying age. Giving them extra treats (like mealworms!) always helps too. :)

Back
Top Bottom