Golden Comet & Production Reds

Peaches Lee

Crowing
13 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Pennsylvania
Does anybody incubate/hatch out the eggs they get from their Golden Comets and/or Production Reds (assuming you have either breeds rooster)? I'm wondering what the offspring of these birds would look like considering they are hybrids. Could you post pics too? Thanks for any input!!

I hatched out chicks from my GSL hens, but the roo is a Black Aust. Most of the chicks were hatched black, but have now feathered out a very pretty choc. with gold laceing on the wings and neck/chest area.

Last edited:
Sorry... I hatched an egg from my GSL's, but I only have BO roosters... So I don't know what GSL over GSL would look like... Although I can tell you that if you hatch GSL X GSL, you won't get GSL. You will get an off the wall chicken that is still a good layer, but you can't tell what it is from day 1. It will just be a mutt. Don't know if this helps, but I hope so! If you still want pics of my baby girl, just say so and I will post them...

One of our "partners", hatched out ISA Browns that I gave them last summer. ISA rooster over ISA hens. They've hatched out over 2 dozen. They keep getting a white bird with smut. I had hoped that some would be red, but it doesn't seem to be the case. That's about all I know about breeding these red hybrids back to themselves.

Back
Top Bottom