Golden Comets

83091_chicks_3_sizes.jpg

These SHOULD be 6 little baby gold comets, 1 three week old gold comet, and 2 New Hampshire Reds, and all were supposedly GIRLS???????

i bought chicks from tsc out here in missouri about two years ago...they turned out to be roosters, not pullets - not sure if that was just a case of folks picking the chicks up and then just dropping them in any bin or what...i'm on my way to orschelin's tomorrow - they're getting more chicks! got 8 eggs in the bator...ordered 3 pullets online...I JUST CAN'T STOP!!

The Cornish Rocks have grown significantly in 5 days. They already have there wing feathers and have doubled in size...
Amazing to me. The Pullets are still little chicks and as cute as they can be.
"funny story" I got home from work today and at 5 days old the Rocks had gotten out of a 35 gallon water trough with 30'" sides. They were free ranging in my home! Thats right! U got it, chick poo everywhere. There were several droppings in front of my dogs kennel. Like they were teasing him while we were gone.
Fixed that little problem, but it was hilarious (after i cleaned up)......

My pullets are definately Golden Comets....
After talking to TSC again? Well i say definately... LOL
Ill keep you posted.
And by the way, i too am hooked, crazy!

Last edited:
Funny (and I mean "funny ironic" not "funny ha ha") that you are questioning the sex of your Comet. One of our local feed stores has a notice on their sign "Golden Comet Chick Recall." They sold a bunch of chicks as pullets and found out the order had been mixed up and it was an order of only roosters.
th.gif
Now they're offering to take them back. Can you imagine?

Wish that were my feed store. ha ha! I guess im getting to use to the fact that nobody knows what they are doing (feed stores in general).
Its fine, i guess it gives you something to look forward to!

At 7 days old, moved the Cornish Rocks outside today. Put a light on them.
Hope there will be no problems. Just no space inside!

Last edited:
Interesting. The feed store I frequent got 200 gold comet chicks that turned out to be cornish. THe hatchery that made the mistake was VERY rude to them and said it was a 1 time mistake. Sounds like it's been an on going issue.

My feedstore is offering a full refund and replacements.

Back
Top Bottom