Golden laced standard cochins?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pawtraitart, Aug 30, 2007.

1. pawtraitart

pawtraitart Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2007
    Idaho
    I saw on Ideal's site that they have golden laced standard cochins. I haven't seem them anywhere else. Anybody here have some? Can I expect all standard cochins to be docile and good broodies regardless of color?

2. Wooden_Pony

Wooden_Pony Chillin' With My Peeps

My friend has three of them. Her two daughters lug those three girls all over the place. So mellow, and even allow the the girls to roll them around in their baby doll stroller.

They are just like the Standard Buff ones I grew up with except of course the coloring of them. Personality wise..

I recently picked up two Standard Blue Cochins because I LOVED my Buffs when I was younger.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  3. cadman68

cadman68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2007
    Middle TN
    I have some and they are really docile and some of the most friendly chickens i have ever owned. Not to mention they are really beautiful.

4. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    I have 3 hens 17 weeks and a roo same age. All of them are very laid back and sweet.

5. cheepchicks

cheepchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Indiana
    I have 2 Roos and 2 Hens.....they are all quite sweet. Recently I bought 4 more and they too after an adjustment period are quite sweet. I trot both my Roos around the place.

6. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    I have bantam cochins & just got 6 more yesturday from Ideal!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by