Golden laced Wyandotte gender?

hatbearingsquid

In the Brooder
Aug 8, 2015
Pacific Northwest
My Coop
My Coop
This bird is 3 months old. Hoping hen but probably roo? What do you think? This chicken doesn't always stand this tall. It was excited for treats.

Attachments

• IMG_7734.JPG
    IMG_7734.JPG
    949 KB · Views: 34
Definitely a cockerel, but not because of that behavior. Pullets will spar just like the males do. Some even whip up on them pretty good, too!

I didn't know hens did the neck flare, raptor style lunging thing. I have a dominant hen who's terrible to all new comers at first but she's more of a chaser and pecker of them as opposed to jumping and neck flaring. It's fun to watch them all interact. Such a complex society chickens can be!

I didn't know hens did the neck flare, raptor style lunging thing. I have a dominant hen who's terrible to all new comers at first but she's more of a chaser and pecker of them as opposed to jumping and neck flaring. It's fun to watch them all interact. Such a complex society chickens can be!

Then, you have never read about my Tiny Terrorist, have you? LOL. She flogs, bites, attacks human or other hen or any bird she doesn't know. And she has nasty spurs, too.

Back
Top Bottom