Golden Polish Roosters Portland OR.

ecow

Hatching
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Our local humane society got a call from a donor that had a pair of small gold chickens show up in his yard and wanted them gone. We were called and went over to find that he had a pair of roosters that had "escaped" from the neighbors. They had brought them home the day before and it appeares that their teenage son let them escape before they became dinner.
They didn't seem to really know what to do around hens for the first week or so but they finally did figure out their roll. We suspect they were flunked out of the local rooster fighting ranks because they weren't aggressive. They are wild and would prefer to roost in the trees than in the coup but with the rain have been learning the coop is the better place to go. Unfortunately with 10 other roosters we don't have time to keep rehabilitating them. I have them on the local Craigslist but the one person that wants to buy them plans to have them for dinner I feel they have had enough trauma and deserve a better chance. We are going to Tacoma this weekend and Eugene the next weekend if someone wants them for something other than dinner we can bring them along.
Good1.jpg

Good2.jpg

Good4.jpg

Good3.jpg

Thanks! That's part of why we really want to find a home not pot for them. But with 10 other roosters things are a bit crowded.

barnie.gif
We will be up there in July if you still have them. My hubby saw the pics and would love to have them. He has been thinking about getting a polish breeding pen togerther.
Shelly

Unfortunately we can't keep them till July. But if a chicken fairy adventure can be arranged things might work.

Back
Top Bottom