Golden Sussex?

Love2Homeschool

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 1, 2011
Texas
I bought 4 hens last night from a friend. She told me they are Golden Sussex. I've searched and searched for this breed, but can't find it anywhere. Could they be Golden Sex-links? Perhaps she had her words mixed up? She did admit that she's not the "chicken person" in her household and her hubby (the "chicken person") wasn't home. They are colored just like my Red sex-links, only they have gold in place of the red.

They're probably golden comets.
smile.png

Quote:
If they were "Golden" Sussex they would be just like a Light Sussex but the Silver (White) is replaced with a Gold/Brown color similar to the Buff Sussex. I know of no true Golden Sussex in the U.S.
What you may have is a Buff / Silver Sussex Cross which wold be a Sex-linked "pattern".

Chris

Last edited:
Quote:
If they were "Golden" Sussex they would be just like a Light Sussex but the Silver (White) is replaced with a Gold/Brown color similar to the Buff Sussex. I know of no true Golden Sussex in the U.S.
What you may have is a Buff / Silver Sussex Cross which wold be a Sex-linked "pattern".

Chris

Thanks!

Quote:
Leg color would be better to go by than tail color as a Buff / Silver Sussex Cross which wold be a Sex-linked.
wink.png

If they have White Legs then I would say that they are Sussex or at least a Sussex Cross.

Chris

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom