Golden Sussex?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Love2Homeschool, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Love2Homeschool

Love2Homeschool Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2011
    Texas
    I bought 4 hens last night from a friend. She told me they are Golden Sussex. I've searched and searched for this breed, but can't find it anywhere. Could they be Golden Sex-links? Perhaps she had her words mixed up? She did admit that she's not the "chicken person" in her household and her hubby (the "chicken person") wasn't home. They are colored just like my Red sex-links, only they have gold in place of the red.

2. Love2Homeschool

Jul 1, 2011
    Texas
    Anyone?

3. mama24

mama24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2010
    GSO, NC
    They're probably golden comets. [​IMG]

4. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:If they were "Golden" Sussex they would be just like a Light Sussex but the Silver (White) is replaced with a Gold/Brown color similar to the Buff Sussex. I know of no true Golden Sussex in the U.S.
    What you may have is a Buff / Silver Sussex Cross which wold be a Sex-linked "pattern".

Chris

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  5. Love2Homeschool

Jul 1, 2011
    Texas
    Quote:If they were "Golden" Sussex they would be just like a Light Sussex but the Silver (White) is replaced with a Gold/Brown color similar to the Buff Sussex. I know of no true Golden Sussex in the U.S.
    What you may have is a Buff / Silver Sussex Cross which wold be a Sex-linked "pattern".

Chris

Thanks!

6. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    Do they have a white tails? If so, they're probably Gold Sexlinks. [​IMG]

7. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Leg color would be better to go by than tail color as a Buff / Silver Sussex Cross which wold be a Sex-linked. [​IMG]
    If they have White Legs then I would say that they are Sussex or at least a Sussex Cross.

Chris

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by