Gonna be a long night

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by English, Mar 16, 2009.

1. English

English Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    Just checked the critters and it looks like I'll be up a few times tonight. Rose my BoerXLamancha doe is beginning to discharge. Also noticed that Venice my Dexter cow is in the early stages of labor as well.

Don't ya just love spring?

Mike

2. bheila

bheila Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2008
    Kent, Wa
    [​IMG] We'll be waiting for pictures. [​IMG]

3. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

we sure will!!!!! [​IMG]

4. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    I hope you get some rest and babies soon!
    You won't be alone in staying up all night. This is the time of year for it. I had 3 friends waiting on horses to foal. 2 down and one to go there. They had been taking cat naps for a couple of weeks now.
    Good Luck!

5. #1California Chick

#1California Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    SF Bay Area
    [​IMG] Welcome to BYC!!! [​IMG]

Yep!! Lots of babies coming every day!!

Good Luck!!

6. abluechipstock

abluechipstock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2009
    fort ashby, wv
    good luck, just checked my goats, i have 2 bagged tight and ready in a few hours, i hope they go today, i'd like to get some sleep on this vacation of mine [​IMG]

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    ooooh baby watch. I love baby watch no matter how tiring it is. [​IMG]

8. English

English Out Of The Brooder

Aug 1, 2008
    Mid-Michigan
    UGGGHHH!!! I'ts 9:00 AM and still nothing. All those flash light runs out to the pasture and goat barn for nothing. Not to mention the blasted alarm clock waking me out of a good sleep every 2 hours.

I know I'm a novice at this stuff but I hate when they just lead you along like this. Seems like these girls could tell me they are just teasing!!! [​IMG]

I'm sure both of them will go soon.

I'll work on the picture thingy. My digital camera died awhile back and it hasnt' been real high on my priority list to replace it.

Mike

9. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    My neighbor thought I was just being impatient because when I was expecting my new kids I would check my girls periodically. She couldn't understand I was anxious, yes, but more concerned with my girl's health and wellbeing. Anything can go wrong no matter how healthy the girls are. And if they were to get in a bind and need help I wanted to know before it was too late to help them.

HOORAY for baby watch! I love new babies and getting to help mom clean them off and watching them stand for the first time makes it all worthwhile [​IMG]

10. Chatychick

Chatychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2007
    Blue Mound, Kansas
    I check on mine alot also and its just the does Code of Honor to keep you guessing...when you leave the barn do you hear giggles? I know mine do it...good luck..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by