Gonna have to cull :( *UPDATE: Amazing recovery *Graphic pics Post #82

The little monster is freaking amazing! The "tick" and balance issues I thought would be permanent are all gone as of today. I think he is enjoying his people time and the fact that he doesn't have to compete with the rest of the chicks for food. I even think he is getting used to the AC as it has been hot here. He just snuggles up with his blanky at night.
roll.png

I will try to get some pics tomorrow. We are preparing for my daughter's prom and graduation so things have been crazy here.
barnie.gif

I noticed a little rattle when the chick was breathing this evening. I'm not sure if it was because he had just gobbled down some warm grits (I'm sneaking some extra water to him) or if there is something else going on. I will check him in the morning and start antibiotics if necessary.

I took some pics but they are in my DD's email account so I can't get them until she signs in.

I have been following this post and am so happy your chick is doing so well after such an unfortunate incident. I am rooting for the little guy!!!

Wow, Taz. Chickens can recover from the most horrific things sometimes it seems! Kudos to you and your nursing skillz!

We have had a bit of a setback with the chick. He definately has something respiratory going on. I suspect he may have inhaled some water the other day. I am thinking he may be developing aspiration pneumonia.
sad.png
At this time he is on antibiotics. His appetite is still great and he is very active. I did notice his feathers have been fluffed for a couple of days now (much like the were right after the injury). His head wound is still scabbed over with some feathers trying to regrow. It is getting harder to inspect the area but it does not look infected.

I will update with any changes. Thank you to all of those who have been so supportive through this ordeal.
hugs.gif

Quote:
I went through a horrible respitory illness with my chicks. Polyvisol vitamins worked well along with antibiotics, probiotics and apple cider vinegar. I thought we would lose the chick, but amazingly she pulled through.

I put the vitamins right down her beak vs the water. It worked better.

Quote:
I went through a horrible respitory illness with my chicks. Polyvisol vitamins worked well along with antibiotics, probiotics and apple cider vinegar. I thought we would lose the chick, but amazingly she pulled through.

I put the vitamins right down her beak vs the water. It worked better.

It amazes me how well Polvisol (without iron) and Gatoraid work to get a chicken over injuries and illnesses.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom