Good Afternoon!

EllieA

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 19, 2014
Hello, my name is Ellie and I wanted to take a minute out of my reading to properly say hello.

I am much to knew to all this to know what questions to ask.

I have 5 little ladies, Delaware, Cuckoo Maran, Amaraucana, and RIR (2).

We are holding them and talking to them and loving watching them.

I have them in a coop inside a dog run. I have a beautiful garden for them to wander once they are old enough.

I also have a Feed and Fuel within walking distance.

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful information.

Ellie

Welcome to BYC, Ellie. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a nice mix of breeds. Ameraucanas (actually ours are Easter Eggers as true Ameraucanas lay only blue eggs) are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite chickens. She loves the different colored eggs that they lay. It sounds like you have a nice area to keep your chickens in, but how is the predator situation in your area. A lot of new members lose their chickens because they do not provide adequate predator protection for them (even in cities). You might want to check out the article on protecting your flock from predators at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/07/11-tips-for-predator-proofing-chickens.html. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Sounds like you are enjoying your new flock. Chickens are such a joy to keep.

Enjoy this new adventure you are on and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Not to sound silly but I can't find the "frequently asked questions below" I see this on all the new intro messages and have been looking for it. What I see is the Sponsored By section Am I not looking in the right place?

Ellie

Back
Top Bottom