Good Chicken BBQ

Bobcatbob

In the Brooder
Oct 3, 2022
When I was a kid we raised chickens for eggs and meat. We didn't think much about names for them as we didn't make them our pets. We just made sure they were fed and watered, and they had their run fenced in. When it was time for a BBQ mom would say Bob go and get me a couple chickens so we can have a BBQ. Okay mom! The two sister would get the water boiling as I sharpened the ax and positioned the chopping block. The girls would come out with the water and we dunked the chickens in until ready then hung them up and plucked them, and then after In would clean them. Kids 6-10 years of age can with instruction be helpful around a small farm. Dad would come home from work and we would have a good time at our BBQ, and of course fresh vegetables from our garden. It don't get no better than that!

When I was a kid we raised chickens for eggs and meat. We didn't think much about names for them as we didn't make them our pets. We just made sure they were fed and watered, and they had their run fenced in. When it was time for a BBQ mom would say Bob go and get me a couple chickens so we can have a BBQ. Okay mom! The two sister would get the water boiling as I sharpened the ax and positioned the chopping block. The girls would come out with the water and we dunked the chickens in until ready then hung them up and plucked them, and then after In would clean them. Kids 6-10 years of age can with instruction be helpful around a small farm. Dad would come home from work and we would have a good time at our BBQ, and of course fresh vegetables from our garden. It don't get no better than that!
Welcome to BYC!!

Back
Top Bottom