Good Day Chicken Folk!

Kukelekuu

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 13, 2014
Hi everyone!
I'm from Canada, and I joined just a couple hours ago. Hi!
smile.png

This forum has been popping up for years on my chicken-related google searches, and it was such a valuable resource that I finally decided to join. I'm very excited to be here! I may be posting a lot, as I always have a million questions.

I'm going to chatter for a few minutes about my chickens. They're pretty much my favourite topic to talk about!

I started keeping chickens near the end of my twelfth year. Cairo, Boysenberry and Sparky were "culls" sold to us by an unscrupulous breeder. The three Rhode Island Red hens were very sweet, but we lost them all too soon. Since then I have learned to be more careful with sourcing my chickens.

Though I started with three, my flock has grown substantially since then. I have eighteen older chickens, seventeen hens and a rooster. They live in an orchard from which they wander freely. Down in the goat area we keep the pullets and cockerels, of which there are fifteen. I keep a variety of breeds! We have everything from Ameraucanas to Wyandottes, and of course they all have names.

The breeds I really like are Barred Plymouth Rocks, Ameraucanas, Rhode Island Reds, and Wyandottes (for the colouring). I'm also really fond of my White Faced Black Spanish hen. And my Speckled Sussex chickens are amazing. And... maybe I'll stop there.

At the moment I'm really obsessed with Blue Andalusians ( I want one so badly) blue and splash Ameraucanas, Sebright Bantams (always wanted one of those, but we're a no bantam flock) and Silver-laced Wyandottes. I've always wanted one of those too, but we only have gold-laced... Still, someday I'll have a few!

Anyhow, that's me! never introduced myself in a forum before... it's harder than I thought. I'd prefer to introduce my chickens, but that would take a while... there's so many. But if anyone wants to talk chicken with me, that would be great!

See you around!

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I think "Bawk Bawk,Bagawk" means "you like all the chicken breeds." Or it might mean, "We all love to talk chicken here." Or is that "Gwaaak Bagawk"? Some of these chickens stutter. :eek:) Beware of "chicken math." Very few members are immune to it. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting all the breeds you want.

Welcome to BYC!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you have a lovely flock!

Good luck establishing your flock and welcome to our roost!

Back
Top Bottom