Good Day from Special K Farms

Kathleen Macy

In the Brooder
Mar 23, 2018
I have been a chicken lover and owner for many years, but just recently decided to make a part time business (lol, we all know chickens are not PART TIME). So I just now building up my breeding stock flock and deciding which breeds I will stick with. Trying out all different ones to see which ones I like the best. So right now I have about 100 birds of various breeds, just to name a few; Brahmas, Yokohamas, Mottled Houdans, Mottled Orpingtons, Bresse, Barbez, Ayem Cemani, Easter Eggers, Olive Eggers, White Crested Polish, Bantam Barnvelders, Mandarin Ducks, Pekin Ducks and of course silkies.

I found BYC through a club on facebook about building your own coops and found some very helpful information on some nice building ideas. Now to just get the hubby involved in building me one or two, or three or more!! I am in my 50s, raising my 8 year old granddaughter and the main caregiver for my disabled mother. Happily married and live on a small farm with 6 acres, 4 horses, 1 cow (soon to be 2 as she is due in May), 5 dairy goats, 2 rabbits, 3 dogs and several cats. We love our life, but at times it does get overwhelming with all the animal care. Currently looking to hire some help to take some of the pressure off me. I work a full time job (remotely) and currently building my tax and bookkeeping business. So I am really busy right now. I am happy to share any knowledge I have and look forward to learning more from the members here.

G'Day from down under Kathleen :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock and/or other critters, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)

Including your general location on your profile will assist others. Location, climate, season etc can be important factors when members are responding to any questions you may have and vice versa.

You might want to also Find Your State Thread and pop in and say hello.

You may be interested in this link:

Back
Top Bottom