Good First Horror Movie For My 11 Year Old

deb1

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
NC
In my household, it is tradition to watch your first horror movie with mom. My 11 year old would like to watch one with me but I don't want frighten her too much.
tongue.png

The movie can't be too bloody(although cartoonish blood is all right). Also, I don't want a movie that shows close ups of people suffering. (like Saw or Hostel)

What is a good first time horror movie?

Horror movies are supposed to be scary so I don't want anything that isn't at least a little scary. A suspenseful horror movie would be best. One that ends happy would be best.(the good guys get away)

She has already seen Pan's Labyrinth but I fast forwarded through a few of the more violent parts. I don't consider that movie a horror movie although it had some scary parts.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, actually I have shown her Youtube clips of the songs from the movie.
tongue.png
But the actual movie, no, its a little too odd for her yet.

Besides, the Rocky Horror Picture Show isn't scary.

As an example of how weird my family is:

I watched the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre with my sons. We didn't get through it, not because it was scary but because we could't stop laughing. Every few seconds we would stop the movie and make fun of it.

I think that the Adam's family was involved in my DNA make up somehow.
big_smile.png

I was protected from horror movies until I started watching them as an adult. I was afraid of EVERYTHING and had to have a light on until I was 18. I protected my oldest son even from scary commercials. He also had extreme night fears. The other three, I have been more laid back and they are not nearly as easily frightened. Odd, isn't it?
idunno.gif

Quote:
The name rings a bell, but I can't quite place the movie. I will look that one up also.

Quote:
They used to have a series on tv that my sons loved.

Back
Top Bottom