Good grief chiggers suck

lau.gif
I'm in Chigger Central! We bailed over 3000 bales of hay this year. Guess how many chigger bites I got!
ep.gif
th.gif

Last edited:
For those in the north or other countries...chiggers are something you learn about when you live in the southern part of the US. They are microscopic bugs, literally smaller then the period at the end of this sentence. What the lack in size, the make up for in shear misery in the bite. Like some one else said, they like tight spaces, so they seldom bite in places you can scratch in public. They itch horribly, and for a long time. It is the kind of itch that can keep you up all night, trying not to scratch, and fearing you will run mad from the irritation.

When I was young, I learned REAL fast not to play in the taller grass. I moved up to PA and am SHOCKED that people go into the tall grass! Reason? There's no chiggers!!! They had no idea what I was talking about!

Jaw-drop!

this is what a case of chiggers can do, and this person is on the HEALING end of it:
6a00e5527221258833010536ec3846970b-800wi

Imagine being covered in poison ivy, only itching 10x worse because there is nothing that will stop the itching short of bathing in an alochol bath.

Last edited:
Don't feel completely safe in PA. I can name a dozen places in Pa where I have gotten chiggers. They are also common in many parts of NJ.

Chiggars make you want to scratch the skin right off your body. Chiggar bites are worse than ANYTHING else out there. Ugg.

SarahBeth- try windex. Spray it on the bite area. Theoretically the ammonia helps. You have to keep applying it though. Good luck!

Last night I applied hydrocortizone cream on a few times after taking Benedryl. Still taking Benedryl today but it is better. Tonight is football and all I can think of is mosquitoes.

Quote:
I've had them like that. It can be so bad you wonder if pouring gasoline on your legs and lighting them might make it feel better.

Back
Top Bottom