Good incubator... Or not?

Wish I could help you but I have no clue.. Lol.. I just hatched (6 days ago) my First Ever quail & pheasant (first of anything) eggs with my father in laws 30 some year old incubator.. I hadn't planed in ever hatching anything but I've tried to get hubby to let me have chickens for at least 4 years now.. These are Not chickens hubs!!! He didn't get the memo!! Lol.. He came in one evening with quail & pheasant eggs & I guess expected me to cough up all the nessities I'd need to hatch them!!
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
Its been a crazy month around here making sure the eggs were turned 3 or 5 times a day & then after hatching, oh bother.. Shewwwwww I've had a time.. With lots of help from thus site I'm managing sooooo much better!!

I've heard of people hatching chicken/quail eggs in there with success, there's a part of this forum that's about incubation - maybe they would have more experience wth this particular kind of incubator? :)

I have one but haven't used it - was planning on making a hatcher with it but might try to incubate several eggs at a time with it to test it out - if so it would be handy for breeding purposes :)

Thanks guys! Yeah I did look at the forum for incubators and it didn't say some nice things about it and thats why I was getting worried. Lol. But thanks! Also would this work for finch incubation? Thanks!

I had one similiar when I was a kid. They were sold in the back of comic books for $5 and the ad "see miracle of live birth" or something like that. I murdered more eggs than I hatched, which was 0. They had a Christmas tree light bulb and a dinky little thermometer and you were sposed to maintain temp by unplugging the light when it got too hot and plugging it back in when it got too cold. That didn't work too good.
The one you linked has an electronic thermostat and a fan, that's a plus.
It looks to be a knockoff of a Brinsea and *may* be a cheap piece of Chinese Crap but other than that can't say anything bad about it. I scanned 300 negs in the seller's feedback and their was only 1 neg concerning that product and had something to do not receiving the eggs that was sposed to come with it.

Yeah I've noticed over the years that if I relate my experiences it makes me think I'm explaining myself better. My 2 fat dumb fingers poking the keyboard makes for shorter stories than if I were telling you face to face though. ;)
Hope the bator works out for you.

Back
Top Bottom