Good looking rooster

I love anything blue personally. Blue leghorns are my personal favourite. But another (not blue) would be light sussex

What are some really good looking standard chicken breed roosters
Are you wanting yard candy? Looks good to you snd is colorful?

are you planning to show? If so, then the APA guide details all accepted breeds and colors.

I enjoy colorful roosters, and the Red Dorking we had was quite colorful. We had a really attractive gold laced Wyandotte rooster (less lacing than females), we’ve had very beautiful all-black Black Jersey Giant (but more “boring” other than huge size), and currently have a speckled Sussex male (pretty with the speckling), and an all-black Langshan male (very tall).

roosters are more showy than the females! It’s hard to find an ugly one. Although we got an accidental male EE, that was quite unattractive…our old-guy neighbor walked over, chatted with us, saw the rooster, and exclaimed “that is one ugly rooster!” Without even thinking! Lol

I like the Faverolles roosters because they're so ",busy".
They've got muffs and beards and since they're duckwing they've got a ton of colors on one bird.
They're like a fuzzy Frankenstein's monster.
20210326_174837.jpg

Last edited:
This is subjective as others have noted, but here are some that look good to me: Bielefelder, coronation Sussex, lavender Orpington, splash laced red Wyandotte, EE, gamefowl. Buff Brahma, Dominique.

The list cold keep going but there’s a good starting point for some great looking Roos.

Back
Top Bottom