Good Online Hatcheries?

seanarino

In the Brooder
May 30, 2021
I'm looking to get about 4-5 more chickens for my flock and want to ask if there's sellers on here or good reputable hatcheries I can buy from online - I'm specifically looking for FEMALES ONLY, and looking for:
faverolles, silkies (NOT bantams), jersey giants, indian giants, brahmas, araucana, sultans, or other more unique breeds

i already own a gold laced wyandotte, two black australorps, a polish crested, a barred easter egger, and a white leghorn and want to expand to have different breeds in my flock.

I believe McMurray still has chicks through October. If you go on their website, go on the drop down "available now" and specify female only to see what breeds they have available. You can check several weeks ahead. I have ordered from them twice, as well as from Cackle. Great customer service from both of them. 😊
You will, however, not be able to get sexed silkies or most other bantam breeds.

Agree about Cackle and MMcM, although it is late in the year for ordering chicks. You might need to place an order for next spring instead.
Nobody is likely to have every breed on your list, but it's worth looking, calling, and ordering early to get the breeds you want as soon as possible.
And it is always possible to get that errant cockerel in pullet orders...
Good luck shopping!
Mary

Meyer's has the best quality birds, in my opinion. We usually try to hatch out our own chicks but when someone locally doesn't have a certain breed we have always chosen Meyer's. The chicks have always arrived healthy and chirping unlike other hatcheries we've tried. Another one that was already mentioned was McMurray. They are pretty good as well.

I used CackleHatchery for my starter flock this year. I was quite impressed with how well everyone made it through the postal system. My only beef was the minimum order of 15 (iirc) to avoid a "small batch charge." I understand why they do it, but I really only wanted to start with eight birds instead of the 17 I have. OTOH, I'm over the minimum order thing, now, & happy with what I have.

Last time I visited their website, they still had a handful of chickens available. Some sexed, some straight run.

I'm looking to get about 4-5 more chickens for my flock and want to ask if there's sellers on here or good reputable hatcheries I can buy from online - I'm specifically looking for FEMALES ONLY, and looking for:
faverolles, silkies (NOT bantams), jersey giants, indian giants, brahmas, araucana, sultans, or other more unique breeds

i already own a gold laced wyandotte, two black australorps, a polish crested, a barred easter egger, and a white leghorn and want to expand to have different breeds in my flock.
my pet chicken.com

Back
Top Bottom