Good or Bad?

TommyVT05

Songster
11 Years
Feb 6, 2008
Southern California
Hello Everyone,

Just curious, is this egg good or bad?

I cracked it open this morning after gettin it from the nest. It seems as if there is an embro already but the hens aren't sitting on it???
In the batch of four eggs, will they all result the same? Hummm...

Thanks 4 Ur Help

- Tommy

PS: Is this OK to eat, incubate, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't pull up the images in larger form but those don't look quite like any embryo's I've seen.... and I've seen hundreds if not thousands of eggs cracked open between 1-3 days of incubation... Is there a blood ring or something? Google Hamburger and Hamilton and see if you can't find those developmental stages in the egg you have there if it is something forming... I say fry it up and enjoy.

Well, I'm not exactly sure, Tommy. I've gotten several eggs like that (we don't have a roo), but we haven't eaten them (too "chicken"... lol). We gave them to our dog (she likes eggs in her dogfood), and she was fine. I can't tell where the embryo you say there is is.
hmm.png

sorry cant see the image for the computer im working from won't load it but it would be meat spots wich is okay to eat its just some hens form them in their eggs

My guess is that hosting site is swamped and so isn't letting us see the pictures and times out...

How many days were they in the nest before you collected the eggs? Did you see a blood ring? A clearish embryo in the middle?

Perhaps because the image is so large, it took some time to upload, etc.

Now it should be loading fine.

Please click on the SECOND link, it has the best picture of the ring...

That egg is fertile, but is that red ring growth or bacteria?

My hen sat on the eggs all last night but jumped out this morning, does that mean all the four eggs are gonners then?

- Tommy

Picture is kind of fuzzy and dim, but from what I see, it looks like a viable 54-60 hr embryo. You should have been able to see a heart beat if you looked very carefully at it when first opened. At room temps, it will beat maybe 3-4 times a minute.

Ohhh...

Well, that egg isn't incubated so thats why what I saw was weird to me. I mean, the hen did sat on it for one night, but I dun think it should be that much where the egg starts to have growth...hummm

- Tommy

After I reread the posts my answer didn't make any sense! So I just removed it!
I hope someone knows the answer, cuz to me it look like a fertile egg that
stopped growing after a few days!
Brenda

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom