Good price for quail meat?

It really, really depends on where you are. I call where I used to live SuperExpensiveLand. I got $7/dozen eating eggs, $7 for a live male, $12-15 for a hen.

Where I live now, I'm expecting to get more like $5/dozen eating eggs and $5 for a male and maybe $10 for a hen.

Meat is also going to be more or less expensive depending on location. Coat of meat processing/selling permits also varies widely depending on location

Average the cost of feeding 1 bird per day and equate that to your 10w. I found that in my case it costs me~ $.02/day meaning that at the 10w mark 1 bird would cost me about $1.50 at 10 weeks. I plan to sell live birds at @$3 for a 1wk old chick with $0.40 increment on a weekly basis meaning that at the 5 week mark its a $5 bird and $7 at 10w. But a processed quail? I was thinking of doing $1/oz with a min purchase of 3 per order.

Hi
I'm new to quails and while skimming the internet found $6 per oz of quail meat.
I then looked more closely and realized it was 5, 6 oz birds not one.
So does anyone have a reasonable price they sell their quail for. I'm open to all answers. Thanks
I sell mine $1.50/Oz to people that buy 30+ birds. $2.50/Oz orders less than 30

I raise quail and was wondering the same thing the prices varied so much that I was confused. Some websites sold them for as high as $25 for a 10 oz quail and others sold for as low as $4 for a 5 oz quail.

To sell them legally (like I would bother) in KY, the processing mandated would cost twice what raising the quail would. The variance might be folk trying to comply with whatever regulatory BS their state saddles them with.

Back
Top Bottom