Good story about a marriage.....sad ending.

Quote:
Could not have said it better. If this story made you think for ONE second, regardless if its ill written, corny, a gimmick to make you buy flowers, or whatever. . . .if it made you think for ONE second about the significant other in your life, then it worked.

Personally, it sounded like an Asian couple to me; just the tone and rhyme of the story. I loved it. But, I am big corny old goat!
tongue.png

I got this in an email from a friend before...I never even noticed it was written by a floral shop until rabbitmage pointed that out. I thought it was just a story with a sad ending, and a very good point. We all take things for granted sometimes, and that is sad. A little reminder to not do that, IMO, is a very welcomed thing. Thanks OP
smile.png

I find it sad that so many of you totally miss the point. The only thing I read into this story was how we so often take what is important in our lives for granted. We get so busy with what is going on with "me", we tend to lose sight of others. So what if it was written by a florist. If he had stopped at Starbucks and gotten her a latte would you be saying its a marketing ploy to buy coffee? Buying flowers wont save a marriage, good communication and openess will. Had he not been so involved with "his" world, maybe she would have opened up to him and they could have fought her sickness together.

Quote:
I already know of this.......we go to marriage counseling and communication was the BIGGEST problem and it could be a dealbreaker. The world of technology has made us stray from the true emotions of our mankind.

Guess I am a little slow but didnt realize it was a florist company writting it. I just found it beautiful. The part about buying flowers well many men will do that when they feel they have messed up.When my hubby and I first got together I would find a rose on the steering wheel of my car everyday. We dont do that so much anymore main reason is money but we try to let each other know in other ways. as far as her dying we just discussed this the other day, My SIL we just found out is dying of cancer. I told him if I ever find out I was terminal I dont want anyone to know including him. I want my last days as normal as possible and dont want anyone looking at me with saddness and remenbering my death I want them to remember my life.

Last edited:
Wow, it didn't make me even think i should run and buy flowers! It made think I should go kiss my husband! Tell him how much I love him!

Back
Top Bottom