GOOD SUNDAY A.M. from Port Huron, Michigan

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Lopiekitty, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Lopiekitty

Lopiekitty In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2009
    HELLO to ALL!

I NEVER is a MILLION years thought I would be so "stoked" about chickens. I ask myself do I need a LIFE OR WHAT?! [​IMG]

BUT....I am the VERY PROUD owner of 5 GIRLS![​IMG]
    Dorothy our Rhode Island Red
    Florence our Silver Laced Wyandotte
    Peaches our Black Australorp
    Dolly our Buff Orpington
    AND last but NOT least.....Rosie our Barred Rock

We picked these breeds for their winter hardiness and for their egg laying. I hope we chose well since this is our FIRST time with chickens after a lifetime of wanting them.

They are ALL BEAUTIFUL and very loved...I know, I know...LOVED? But really..they are FUN! It's so good to be here and introduce myself. It's nice to see I am not the ONLY chicken fanatic out here in the world.
    My girls are all 6 weeks old....we ordered 5 thinking we could "lose" one BUT they are all doing GREAT and thriving.
    OH YES...I also can add 2 more "children" to my list...a VERY SPOILED husband AND Pyrenean Shepherd to the list as well:D
    NO "real" children.

2. lux_interior

lux_interior Songster

Apr 28, 2009
    Joliet
    [​IMG]

and I'm stoked about them too!!

3. hen-thusiast

hen-thusiast Songster

Apr 8, 2009
    Utah
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from UT! Can't imagine why you would need cold hearty chickens. Brrr, don't miss those winters one bit! [​IMG]

4. gaduke

gaduke Songster

Apr 20, 2009
    S.W. Kentucky
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Lopiekitty

Lopiekitty In the Brooder

Jun 14, 2009
    THANK YOU SO MUCH for the WARM welcome! I have been reading & reading & READING from this forum LONG before I even got my girls! EVERYONE here is so helpful and I have learned SO MUCH....and HELLO UTAH! SO...ya don't MISS the cold winters huh;) Yuppers! We DO get some FRIGID days in the winter and don't EVEN get me going on DA SNOW [​IMG]
    AND MZ. Lux....Tell your FIANCE that chicken mommy's make GREAT wives! [​IMG] BUT I am SURE he knows that already. [​IMG]

Have a GREAT Sunday all....I look forward to being a member here for a long time. It's so nice to meet others like ME....my husband just rolls his eyes at me and smiles.

We CAN'T WAIT for they to start laying eggs...YUMMO![​IMG]

6. mullers3acers

mullers3acers Songster

Oct 9, 2007
    la porte, In
    [​IMG]

7. frogs n chickens

frogs n chickens Chirping

May 19, 2009
    valley springs, calif.
    [​IMG]

8. Rhondax6

Rhondax6 Songster

Jun 14, 2009
    Cheboygan, Michigan
    Greetings fellow Michigander!

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida!

10. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Songster

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    [​IMG] Welcome from PA! Glad you found us. Best of luck to you with your new baby girls - I'm sure you're going to enjoy them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: