Goodbye Quackers

silkiemother

Crowing
Sep 14, 2018
east wenatchee
Quackers, where ever you are, I love you and miss you very much. I hope that one day I can see you again. I know that where ever you are that you are hopefully being taken care of . I hope that your new owner is taking care of you and treating you as if you are a pet instead of just an animal. I know that I was a little hard on you but it was for the best so that you could grow up and be an awesome show duck and that you could shine. I love you and I miss you very much.
At fair my duck quackers was taken by a 4H mom to be used as a breeding duck out on her farm far away from where I live. :hit:hit:hit

Last edited:

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
If it's any consolation, I would bet a 4H mom would take good care of Quackers. You must have done a good job of raising him if they want to use him for breeding :)

FortCluck

Hatch-a-Long Queen
Sep 9, 2019
Central Virginia
My heart breaks for you! I know that it's so hard to give an animal to someone especially one that you cared for. I'm thinking about breeding my ducks and chickens then selling them, I need to put emotions aside but it's so hard!

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
Not quite the same but, years ago sold a gorgeous ivory colored female Cocker pup to a man and woman who seemed very sincere. I told them to come back in 8 weeks and I would trim her for them and see how she was developing.

When she came back - her coat was horribly matted, looked like she was dust bathing with chickens, plus she had quite a colony of fleas. I fixed up everything I could on her and explained why I was doing such and such. Let them know, they needed to keep her up in between groomings, etc. I never told them to come back to me though. The sight of her made me ill.:th

Top Bottom