Google Street View

Crusty McPottydoodle

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 14, 2009
The Wet Coast
I just looked at my house today. I run a daycare out of my house and one photo shows the stroller parked on my front porch, one shows my front door open (in hot weather, I have the front door open to cool the house and the kids like to watch the goings on outside) and another shows the car seats in my van. I requested they be removed and I just received notice that they should be gone within 24 hours.

We shall see.

I think it is one thing for someone to pass my house and see these things, but I am creeped out by the idea that some perv could be cyber-cruising the streets looking for evidence of children.

Has anyone requested the removal of pictures?

If they are, they probably just read this as well, and your description of the pictures..
tongue.png

Yeah I thought it was pretty creepy at first, but.....my house looked really "tame" back when those google pictures were taken.

Now I have a big fence and chickens everywhere, and have cut down two trees, and I let the grass grow tall in the back for the chickens I call it "the jungle" and I can actually lose 5 chickens and a cat in there!
gig.gif

I was creeped out by the whole thing when I realized it was there, but it did help me explore and dismiss neighborhoods when we were looking for a new home. Saved a lot on driving. Still, I generally dislike the idea of it. I'm just happy the image of the place we live now shows a HUGE dog sitting on the front lawn.

It doesn't bother me, but that's because they didn't get a good view of my yard when they drove by. The angle they were at was mostly blocked by trees. Unfortunately it is the computer age and we have no privacy anymore. I am more creeped out by the fact that anytime I go in public someone could be taking my picture on a cell phone and I would never know.

Several very nearby roads here were on Street View, then got taken off...I don't know why. Yup, the cell phone thing is scarier, definitely agree with that.
Have you used Street View to go on a mini-vacation in Europe, Japan, other exotic places? Now that's entertainment! I can spend a half hour "walking" through quaint little French or German villages, push through the bustle of some Asian market, all in the comfort of my sofa.

Quote:
ep.gif
I want to see a street view in Europe. How do you do this?
We have google earth at work but It's old and it shows the mobile home we used to live in 3 years ago before we built our house, I would love to see a pic of our new home on there. Please share ?

Back
Top Bottom