Goose attacked...Looking for advice

I agree the fox will be back. They have a secure night time house. But now we are going to build a secure run for them. The advice I was given was they were too alert and too big for a fox during the day. Clearly not the case. So we are working on plans for a run and tractor.

You know a confining coop for geese really isn't going to work well because geese are roamers, much more than ducks or chickens.

I'm thinking an electric fence system would work better for geese, because by very nature they need more room and big swaths of grass.

I hope this helps some.

You know a confining coop for geese really isn't going to work well because geese are roamers, much more than ducks or chickens.

I'm thinking an electric fence system would work better for geese, because by very nature they need more room and big swaths of grass.

I hope this helps some.

Will the electric fence work for protection from the fox? It vertically jumps our fences now. I've looked at that and it would be ideal. They are definite roamers so we considered a goose tractor. Luckily I am working 3 days remote so I can get out there 5 days a week with them. But once that ends, it's only 2 days and evenings.

Will the electric fence work for protection from the fox? It vertically jumps our fences now. I've looked at that and it would be ideal. They are definite roamers so we considered a goose tractor. Luckily I am working 3 days remote so I can get out there 5 days a week with them. But once that ends, it's only 2 days and evenings.

Well there's a few guys on YouTube that do put geese in a goose tractor at night. But he can't do that during the day, as they need to roam.

People can put up electric fencing wire around existing fences or put up their own fence sections for it. You could do a few combinations of something like this. It will need some studying out to work out the kinks.

People also say that raccoons, foxes, etc can get through chicken wire but have a harder time with hardware cloth.

But I also see a huge price difference between chicken wire and hardware cloth. So I wonder if they could still get through it if the chicken wire is double layered, secured together?

I would not put a goose in a tractor....Electric fence will definitely keep out a fox. My goose lives happily in my front yard. Even when she had 8 acres to roam, she stayed near the house.
Electric fencing gives you so much peace of mind. My neighbors dog came over and sniffed at the bottom of my electric fence and has not been back since.

Dozer had a long day at the vet. Surgery went well. Dozer is now in a nice quiet place with meds to start healing. We have a dog but unfortunately she has become quiet old. We are discussing possibility of a second. Also we are looking at the electric fencing with a night time area with electric also.

Dozer had a long day at the vet. Surgery went well. Dozer is now in a nice quiet place with meds to start healing. We have a dog but unfortunately she has become quiet old. We are discussing possibility of a second. Also we are looking at the electric fencing with a night time area with electric also.
Thanks for the update on Dozer. Glad to hear she got her injury fixed.
:wee

Back
Top Bottom