Goose Attacking Gander II

I think things are gonna get worse. I'm not sure of your location, but if you are heading towards spring hormones are starting to increase in poultry. I've seen geese do that to chickens. I assume your goose doesn't want that gander around. I would separate him out, or remove him completely before your goose does.

I think my goose almost killed my gander. I went upstairs, looked out my window, and heard the dominant male peep from behind my yew bushes. Upon investigation, the female had him pinned in the "vee of the trunk". His wings were tangled up and his neck was drooping in the branches. He wasn't moving at all. Barely crying. The female would not let him go. I screamed and clapped to no avail. By the time I got my shoes on and ran around the house, it was still happening. I pulled the female off and the male was still tangled in the bushes, not moving. I had to work his neck and wings out of the base of the evergreen bushes. Once he was free, he buried his head inside my jacket and would not move, making "sobbing" noises. He's a bit bloodied on the hinge joint edge of his wings. I've got him in a cage in the garage now. He seems like he's confused and in shock, but sorta OK. Will this stop? I thought it was over, but started again, like a switch was flipped. I can't even leave them outside together now. Anyone have any suggestions?

Unfortunately this has past the point of no return, two of my ganders “Darby & Strawberry” used to live with their dad, they all got along fine for a few years, occasional squabbles quickly ended and everything was fine until one year things kept escalating until one day they had pinned their dad and wouldn’t let him up, when they’re doing that the point isn’t to dominate, it’s to kill and there’s no going back. She needs to go, I’m sorry to say. If he stood up to her previously it would be a different story but their personalities just don’t mix and it’s clear that it never will now.

Back
Top Bottom