Goose behavior help

FarmerGirl1010

Songster
Aug 19, 2020
I have 3 African geese and 4 Chinese geese. One of my Chinese geese won’t swim in my pond. The goose only walks around the pond while the rest swim around. I’m worried because a predator could get to that goose easily. I’m thinking that this issue and 2 missing ducks has something to do with turtles?

I have 3 African geese and 4 Chinese geese. One of my Chinese geese won’t swim in my pond. The goose only walks around the pond while the rest swim around. I’m worried because a predator could get to that goose easily. I’m thinking that this issue and 2 missing ducks has something to do with turtles?
If there’s any kind of critter living in the pond geese are often unwilling to get in, mine wouldn’t even get in their baby pool after I chucked a small pumpkin in once.

If there’s a snapping turtle in there it definitly could be responsible for the loss of the ducks and why the goose is afraid to get in if he/she saw the turtle or witnessed the ducks being taken, even geese aren’t safe from snapping turtles so it might be smart of the goose to not want to go swimming in there.

Back
Top Bottom