goose egg storage, cartons, bins, trays, flats? diy?

On this topic, I hope you don't mind if I ask here OP, since it's a recent thread and incredibly related to my own question!

I am taking a greyhound bus on the 16th down to Dallas this month, a 7 hour bus ride, and I am planning on taking my excess duck/goose eggs with me to give to my friend who lives down there so he doesn't have to pay for eggs lol. The duck eggs fit in my chicken egg cartons decent enough, but the Goose eggs.... Does anyone have any suggestions of things I can store the goose eggs in that is relatively safe from breaking? I was hoping something cheaper, I don't really want to pay $30+ for goose egg cartons (plastic or paper) just for this 1 time trip bc I don't need 30 cartons :'D. I am planning on putting them in one of my suitcases maybe wrapped in a trash bag with a frozen ice pack inside next to them if I can fit it. Right now I'm storing them all in the fridge in an egg basket that they are about to fall out of lol.
The soda/ coffee drink holders from fast food places might work but wouldn’t have a top, so for in the fridge they’re ok but I’ve traveled with them a few times and just used any little fruit or snack container that I had ( like from strawberries or from chocolate covered almonds) and I add paper towels around the eggs to keep them all safe and cozy also add rubber band for extra security 😁

Back
Top Bottom