Goose Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MargaretAnneHK, Mar 15, 2018.

1. MargaretAnneHK

MargaretAnneHK Songster

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    I put 13 goose eggs and 1 duck egg in my Incuview incubator Sunday night. Wish me luck! :)

Eagle Flight Farm likes this.
  2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Good luck.

3. 34Fam

34Fam Chirping

Feb 10, 2018
    Seabrook Sc.
    How did it go????

4. MargaretAnneHK

MargaretAnneHK Songster

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    Just one :) Though the temps when I got them were pretty brutal. After the cold power outage we had in April, though, I found out this week that some eggs are affected more than others.

5. 34Fam

34Fam Chirping

Feb 10, 2018
    Seabrook Sc.
    We are driving 4hours away right now to pick our eggs.... We have another set coming from farther away via usps. Any advise you could offer if you had to do it all over?

6. MargaretAnneHK

MargaretAnneHK Songster

Mar 14, 2012
    Kellogg,Minnesota
    Well, the shipped eggs need to be treated differently. If you search this site there is an excellent article on that. Also, when I have incubated them my best results were when I was religious about the temps and humidity. Chickens and ducks are easy for me to incubate. Goose and turkey eggs seem to take more care. Also, do ONLY a goose hatch, when I have tried to stagger other eggs even with a hatcher it didnt turn out as well. I know there are so many variables!! What works for one might not for another. But basically just see what works for you. Experience is the best teacher. :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: