1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

goose eggs!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pstines5, Mar 24, 2013.

1. pstines5

pstines5 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2013
    chatsworth, ga
    How much difference is there in incubating chicken and goose eggs?

2. Jotaylor

Jotaylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2013
    I don't know anything about incubating water foul except that I think you have to mist them with water. Being that mamma goose gets in the water and then gets back on the eggs with a wet butt. I bet there is a thread on here for that. Good luck!

3. jimlas

jimlas Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    I am incubating goose eggs right now for the first time. Very nervous as I have only incubated duck eggs. Had two good hatches, the last batch just hatched out on the 25,26th and 27th of this month.

I am really hoping to successfully hatch these goose eggs. They are American Buff. I have 8 in the bator. 4 are fertile and on day 15 and 17. The other 4 I just set the day before yesterday.
    I hand turn three times a day, and mist once in the evening with the cover open for a little bit while I candle. The temp is between 99-100 degrees

Have you decided to set some goose eggs yourself??

4. mominoz

mominoz Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2009
    North Georgia
    Well, I am trying to incubate some goose eggs too. My Shetland geese are laying for first time so don't know if they will set this year. There is a thread called . Petes guide to goose incubating. Also you may want to put it in goose section. Do you have" storeys Guide to Geese"? It mentions how to incubate.I am incubating with some duck eggs. I have 3 in now, and plan to add some this weekend for staggered Hatch and I will start another incubator in April when my runners start laying with their mates.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by