goose laying eggs

donkeydew2farms

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 12, 2014
it has been a while since I posted have a question has any body geese been laying. I have 2 seven months old African browns they were raised with 2 Kc ducks who have been laying I been finding these big eggs ate 2 this morning this is the wrong time of the year isn't it. we been having crazy weather.

I have read of Chinese laying in the fall of the year. And then again In spring so maybe Africans do too.
Good to see you how are you and your flock?

Last edited:
20181122_094102.jpg
Good to be back here are the guys enjoying the fresh water and nice day.
20181122_094037.jpg

I have a 1.5yo toulouse/embden goose that is currently having a fall laying cycle. My grey toulouses have occasionally had fall laying cycles over the years, too. I even have a buff dewlap toulouse that went through a super short fall laying cycle two years ago, resulting in a rare Christmas day hatching (in my bator... best Christmas present ever). It is unusual for dewlaps, but not uncommon for production breeds.

I have read of Chinese laying in the fall of the year. And then again In spring so maybe Africans do too.
Good to see you how are you and your flock?
I can confirm they lay in the fall. Our goose is six months old and she just started laying a couple of weeks ago. About one every other day.

isn't that weird my other geese are in a different pen they did not lay until march . I wonder if the ducks they live with cause them to lay you know monkey see monkey do. also the weather was warm until now in the 20s .

isn't that weird my other geese are in a different pen they did not lay until march . I wonder if the ducks they live with cause them to lay you know monkey see monkey do. also the weather was warm until now in the 20s .

Back
Top Bottom