Goose Newbie: Buff or Pilgrim??

rkhyland

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 10, 2008
South Dakota
I think, in my research, either of these breeds would work for us! So, opinions on both are welcome, also info on best places to buy goslings or even hatching eggs! We are just looking at getting a few to play with right now!

It is really up to you, what you want in a goose. They are both great breeds, as I have had both. I would suggest Metzer Farms. They are super reliable and always seem to send healthy goslings. They also arent overly priced... Some of their geese arent always top show quality if thats what you are looking for, but I have been impressed with some of the birds I have seen from them.

http://www.metzerfarms.com/index.cfm

Good luck on your Goose adventure!

Ryan

I have struggled with that question for a while. I am ordering Buffs from Metzers this spring. I liked the easy sexing of the pilgrim but I liked the look of buffs better. Either breed seems great.

I have an American Buff from Metzer and she is quiet, curious and so very sweet. Very low key even with all the other geese, ducks, chickens and more. She does love to try and get air under her feet which is always fun to watch.

I also am pleased with the American Buff choice (Metzer's). She too is inquisitive, quiet (until someone pulls into the driveway) and does catch air! So does the gander..they are a treat to watch.

More often than not; you will catch them watching you!

Back
Top Bottom