goose not laying at all

rebecca100

Songster
14 Years
Apr 1, 2008
Arkansas
Okay so about 2 years ago I got a pair of geese right after laying season. Male and female for sure. Well I kept them and the next spring she laid 2 eggs by June. In June we moved to louisiana. I knew the stress alone would make her stop laying, even though my chickens and turkeys didn't stop. I gave her and her hubby to Father-in-law who already had some geese. I thought they would be happier with other geese. FIL called the other day to tell me about all the eggs he had gotten from all his geese. He said however that she has not laid at all this year and is on the same feed as the others. He is even feeding her seperately so that he knows she is not getting bullied. I don't know her age, but I do know that she has raised babies in the past since the people I got her from had some of her babies. Why isn't she laying? She doesn't act sick. At what age to geese quit laying? How can I tell how old she is?

Edited to add- I realize that the answers differ depending on the goose, I am just looking for an estimate for an average goose, since for some reason I can't find these answers on google! BTW she is a brown chinese.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom