Goose not laying eggs in nesting area.

earthfaerie

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 30, 2012
My Goose and Gander are two years old. We bought them last year when they were a year old and just beginning to sit on her first clutch, she ended up abandoning the eggs. Raising geese and goslings is new to me/us.

My goose decided to make her nest against the house and not in the nesting areas that I prepared for her. Should I leave the eggs there or move them? They are not really sheltered at all where they are at, I have a shelter I can put over her nest to provide some shelter from the elements.

Last edited:
My Goose and Gander are two years old. We bought them last year when they were a year old and just beginning to sit on her first clutch, she ended up abandoning the eggs. Raising geese and goslings is new to me/us.

My goose decided to make her nest against the house and not in the nesting areas that I prepared for her. Should I leave the eggs there or move them? They are not really sheltered at all where they are at, I have a shelter I can put over her nest to provide some shelter from the elements.

Hi. If it´s safe in the area that she wants her nest, it´s no problem. It should be fine to put a shelter over the top of her as long as it´s not so intrusive that she won´t use the nest, of course. It´s difficult to move a goose once she´s decided on a spot, although it´s not impossible, some people on these threads have succeeded. Have fun with your geese!

Back
Top Bottom