Goose not sitting normal

Do you know how long she has been sitting?
They can really become overprotective that is for sure.
If you wait till one or more are rotten and it explodes then you have bacteria over any of the good eggs which won't be so good. Maybe you should get someone to lure him away so you can candle. I make my gander leave the house then go in and close the door while he stands outside hollering.

Last edited:
She has been sitting for a little more than a week. We will have to handle the situation this weekend when my husband is home to help me. At the moment the eggs look fine for as far as I can see them so I have to hold thumbs until the end of the week. The problem is she always gets up when I am home alone, but we will make a plan.

If she’s only been sitting a week the eggs should still be fine but candling gives you idea which are good and which aren’t and you can remove the ones that aren’t viable. Then maybe candle at least weekly till hatch. Of course papa gander isn’t going to like it but he’ll eventually get over it lol I’m a candle addict so I candle a lot when I have a broody. Its so awesome to watch the transformation going on inside of the eggs.

To be honest I am scared of taking the eggs out, she has term so nicely tucked away with leaves and feathers! I just had a look at least they all look fine we will candle this weekend, I'll have to overcome my fear of removing the eggs from their nice little nest!

Ok, her are some

Attachments

• 20211011_172836.jpg
    20211011_172836.jpg
    941.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211019_075556.jpg
    20211019_075556.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 20211019_075541.jpg
    20211019_075541.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 4

Back