Goose not walking

thill0815

In the Brooder
Aug 17, 2018
Hello! I have a 2 year old female goose who has been slow getting around for the last week or so. Today she won’t walk. She is eating/drinking. I was thinking she’s wormy. How would I identify this? I checked for “bumble foot”, don’t see any sores. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know much about geese. Hopefully someone else who's more familiar will have some advice. Many times when poultry becomes slower it's because they are losing weight due to an internal problem. Does it feel thin?

She had an appointment with our vet scheduled for Saturday morning but unfortunately she didn’t make it through the night Friday. I was floored as this seemed to take her quickly. I still am not sure what actually happened to her. We really enjoyed her and so sad she’s left us. Thank you for your response.

She had an appointment with our vet scheduled for Saturday morning but unfortunately she didn’t make it through the night Friday. I was floored as this seemed to take her quickly. I still am not sure what actually happened to her. We really enjoyed her and so sad she’s left us. Thank you for your response.
So sorry to hear that. :( In my experiences once poultry start going downhill it can be hard to stop. They are generally healthy until they are not. They hide it well. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom