Goose Paunch

All four of mine have lobes, but Levi’s seems to have more space in between his vs the girls. The girls also have longer lobes or more developed ones. When you feel the it feels just like an extra fold of skin not like a fat brisket on a steer. Their only 13 weeks so maybe during laying season it fills out some for cushion vs a flap of skin. I don’t know but the feathers and down sure feel soft and thick there. PS Levi really didn’t enjoy me felling his lobes he’s more into chest and neck scratching. Oops.
I hear that older geese and geese in production have larger, more pendulous lobes. I think you’re right!

All four of mine have lobes, but Levi’s seems to have more space in between his vs the girls. The girls also have longer lobes or more developed ones. When you feel the it feels just like an extra fold of skin not like a fat brisket on a steer. Their only 13 weeks so maybe during laying season it fills out some for cushion vs a flap of skin. I don’t know but the feathers and down sure feel soft and thick there. PS Levi really didn’t enjoy me felling his lobes he’s more into chest and neck scratching. Oops.
Thank you for having a feel for me despite Levi's embarrassment. It such an odd thing to me, and I'm always curious. :)

Thank you for having a feel for me despite Levi's embarrassment. It such an odd thing to me, and I'm always curious. :)
He looked at me like I was molesting him and didn’t think it was appropriate for a gander to be “touched”. Shimmer was like you can pet me anywhere. She’s my easiest to handle and still sleeps on my lap. And will snuggle vs eat their treats if given a choice.

He looked at me like I was molesting him and didn’t think it was appropriate for a gander to be “touched”. Shimmer was like you can pet me anywhere. She’s my easiest to handle and still sleeps on my lap. And will snuggle vs eat their treats if given a choice.
:lol:

Back
Top Bottom