Goose pulling wing feathers

CrazyGooseLady2000

In the Brooder
Feb 8, 2022
Hi all. My goose has recently finished laying eggs for this season. She seems to be pulling out her large feathers from her wings. She seems to pull multiple feathers at a time. I've read some things about molting, but I'm not sure. We're heading from spring to summer we're I live. I haven't noticed any big changes other than the feather plucking. She also hasn't pulled any of the smaller feathers from her neck/chest either. I've also been out of the house a lot more recently. She is usually quite close to me (always within about two metres from me). Could it be separation stress? She also seems to be a bit quieter. She usually honks loudly at joggers, motorbikes, my brother, etc... I got two other birds (a bidgue and a cockatiel) and I hoped that they would keep her company. The cockatiel shouts when Joey honks. Could that be the reason shes been quieter? Im quite worried. Should I be concerned?

Last edited:
The feathers pulling- by goose molted her primary feathers twice so far this year. Especially around this time of year, that is perfectly normal.
Thank you! Do you know hiw long they take to finish molting? Joey loses about 15 feathers in a night. Is that normal?

Attachments

• 20220925_090843.jpg
    20220925_090843.jpg
    464.3 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom