Goose Safe Plants

Geese wont eat plants that are not good for them,they know what to eat,at least mine eat only non poisonous plants,they truly now wich are good and wich are not.

Geese wont eat plants that are not good for them,they know what to eat,at least mine eat only non poisonous plants,they truly now wich are good and wich are not.
I was wondering if geese stay away from toxic plants. I have two Live Oaks in the back and jasmine. I was really getting worried about it. My goose is young and doesn’t roam around the backyard yet but that time will come soon enough. Is there any safe vine I can plant around her pen? I’m in south Texas and not a lot will grow in this heat but okra and cucumbers do nicely. I can’t find anything on rather or not they are toxic to geese. Any advice you have will be greatly appreciated!

I was wondering if geese stay away from toxic plants. I have two Live Oaks in the back and jasmine. I was really getting worried about it. My goose is young and doesn’t roam around the backyard yet but that time will come soon enough. Is there any safe vine I can plant around her pen? I’m in south Texas and not a lot will grow in this heat but okra and cucumbers do nicely. I can’t find anything on rather or not they are toxic to geese. Any advice you have will be greatly appreciated!

Geese go bonkers for cucumbers! Just from a little googling, it does appear okra is safe for geese too. Geese have been grazing on this earth for thousands of years, they know what's poisonous and what's not.

Geese go bonkers for cucumbers! Just from a little googling, it does appear okra is safe for geese too. Geese have been grazing on this earth for thousands of years, they know what's poisonous and what's not.
Many thanks! Now I have a few more options and you helped put my mind at ease. Have a wonderful Sunday😊

Thanks! Everyone’s advice really helps!

Back
Top Bottom