Goose who thinks hes a person

justvalerie

Chirping
Aug 18, 2020
We live on a river and 7 months ago we had a hatchling that was left by its parents. There are tons of geese everywhere and he goes to the river to swim but he doesn't pay attention to the other geese. Instead he'll find a person swimming or fishing and he'll go hang out with them until they leave then he comes home. He loves being around us and other people. Will he ever decide to be a goose? I would be heartbroken if he left but I want him to be a happy goose!

We live on a river and 7 months ago we had a hatchling that was left by its parents. There are tons of geese everywhere and he goes to the river to swim but he doesn't pay attention to the other geese. Instead he'll find a person swimming or fishing and he'll go hang out with them until they leave then he comes home. He loves being around us and other people. Will he ever decide to be a goose? I would be heartbroken if he left but I want him to be a happy goose!
sounds like he is a very special goose like George of “pet goose George” (it’s a you tube channel)
do you have any pictures to share? what breed is he? are you sure he is a gander?

sounds like he is a very special goose like George of “pet goose George” (it’s a you tube channel)
do you have any pictures to share? what breed is he? are you sure he is a gander?
He is a canada goose
We're pretty sure he's a gander. We haven't done the vent test but he's very territorial, He's got a deep honk, we can tell the difference between the females.

Attachments

• 20231123_115553.png
    20231123_115553.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom