Gooseling issue.

Suzq4060

Chirping
Apr 15, 2021
Been here before with great help. I'm back again asking for help.
Need some help and advise on one of my geese/gossling. I've been giving them lots,of niacin and the supplements as recommended by metzgers. Well one is unable to maintain his body weight balance. I think it's his hip muscles. What can I do to help. Good appetite, drinks, swims in her little pool. Today was about the worst. I picked her up and had her wrapped in a, towell while holding her. Can't tell if there's pain. But when putting her back on the ground she couldn't stand, kept falling over onto her back and side. Then would just sit. She won't walk to her water or food so I brought it to her for the nite. Any suggestions?

I was sent a link to a backyard dite for geese and another for poultry vets.
I was given so much info my heads been spinning. All have said its,a nutritional issue or deficiency. She is still quite wobbly but I'm only supplementing in high quantity for 2 days now. She's getting B complex.,Selenium with vit E. Niacin, multi vitamins, and now E maganese, cooked egg,, greens of course, Goose feed instead of chicken. 2x' daily. I'm exhausted! She's is very life driven so if she doesn't surrender neither will I.
What an education I'm getting !

Back
Top Bottom