GopherBoys smalles tallest coop~Update 6/24/2009~

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by GopherBoyFarms, Oct 27, 2008.

1. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    Hey everybody, GopherBoy here with an exciting announcement from GopherBoy farms.
    We will start the buildings of our second coop this week.
    This one will not be built like our other one, which was one of the winning coops in the BYC spring contest of 2008.
    Why duplicate when you could build some other strange design.
    We built our own incubator and our first attempt at incubating hatched six and a half chicks and we have more on the way.
    The new coop will make accommodations for the new chicks so that we can integrate them into our flock.
    The new coop will be a lot smaller and be completely built out of crap…that is junk.
    I was thinking about naming it…”the crap house” or “the slime pit” or “the poop house”
    It will be just be called “the secondary house”…yeah…that’s it.
    So over the next couple of weeks we will be sending in pictures and plans and such.
    Also we are adding a GopherBoy farms sign out by the street so people from all around can come buy our eggs. Yep …big plans here.
    GopherBoy
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009
  2. Their Other Mother

Their Other Mother Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Arizona
    Oh I can't wait!!!!! And at 50 cents a dozen, what a bargain. I think I'm gonna look up the other coop thread again, I need a good laugh tonight.

3. lostsoulhelpmejebus

lostsoulhelpmejebus Incubating Fool

Sep 23, 2008
    Roanoke, Illinois
    Just subscribed to this topic. If it had not been for the video and the posts on here I would never have gotten hubby involved with chickens...I SWEAR!!! Now when he has a chance in good weather he puts a lawn chair in the run and conversates with the chickens, over a beer, of course. It's crunch time for him now...got about 3/4 of our coop done and it is getting cold. In fact snow flurries this evening on his way home. I will have to tell him in the morning he now has a new GopherBoyFarms production to witness...he will be so tickled.

Just love they way you incorporate humor into building something practical, something for everyone![​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  4. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Oh fantastic... I'll be parked right here with popcorn!

5. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    You guy's are such a hoot, I really enjoyed the last coop's slide show. I think it is great that ya'll have so much fun, and it is fun to watchhehe.

AL

6. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    [​IMG] Ready for the show....

7. miron28

miron28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    lenoir north carolina
    Well get the party started!

8. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Parked in my recliner with my Gretl and eat [​IMG]. waiting for the theater lights to dim.............

Love you all!

9. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

Can't wait for the updates! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by