Gosling 911

PluckyJen

Songster
7 Years
Jun 22, 2016
South Africa
Morning all.
Yesterday afternoon my milkgoat ran around like a lunatic and got into the chicken and gosling area. She trampled one of the babies. They are around 12 weeks. He was put cosy on sawdust with his siblings last night and found in same place when we opened. No walking or moved. This little guy can't stand at all but it alert,noisy etc. Both legs are ice cold.
Could I be looking at breaks? Iv felt both legs at the joint and moved back and forth. They aren't dislocated or making any noise.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Update: legs are warm and he or she moves them back when I tickle underneath. Still not standing tho.

Last edited:
How is the gosling now? Can you feel along its spine for any breaks? Try to find the exact spot it was stepped on by looking at its skin for any bruising or blood (whether an open cut or under surface bleeding).

Morning all.
Yesterday afternoon my milkgoat ran around like a lunatic and got into the chicken and gosling area. She trampled one of the babies. They are around 12 weeks. He was put cosy on sawdust with his siblings last night and found in same place when we opened. No walking or moved. This little guy can't stand at all but it alert,noisy etc. Both legs are ice cold.
Could I be looking at breaks? Iv felt both legs at the joint and moved back and forth. They aren't dislocated or making any noise.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Update: legs are warm and he or she moves them back when I tickle underneath. Still not standing tho.
The fact that the baby moved the feet away when you tickled them means that the nervous system is intact, which is a good sign.
If there’s internal injuries only time will tell if they’ll recover or not, a vet would probably be best for diagnostic testing but if a vet isn’t a possibility that’s fine, it’s hard to find one that will see geese anyway...

It could be shock, if that’s the case the little one might just need rest and a few days to recover.

Back
Top Bottom