Gosling attached to egg with thin line.

Qmartin1

In the Brooder
Apr 27, 2021
He hatched for e except still attached to egg by thin clear looking line. He seems healthy. Definitely wants out of incubator. Been over 12 hours. What do I do. This egg is all that’s left of my female goose that was killed by bobcat. She laid it morning she was killed. We incubated it and it was hatched this morning. Never done this before so clueless. Ty

I don’t know about geese but I know in chickens they sometimes can still be attached to the egg via the umbilical cord. Maybe that’s it. When I get a chick that still has his egg attached I wait for it to dry up then cut the cord. The umbilical falls off by itself later.

The line is gone now. Ty to everybody that has helped during the process with incubating and hatching. Was devastated when the bobcat got my female goose. When we found the egg we were trying not to get our hopes up but thanks to everybody’s help we have a baby. We are naming him/her nakoma. All of our birds are with the Disney theme so sticking with that nakoma is from Pocahontas and means little warrior. Ty again.

Attachments

• 4A0754CE-31A4-47A0-8B2B-D2F5F7B9AE9C.jpeg
    4A0754CE-31A4-47A0-8B2B-D2F5F7B9AE9C.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom