Gosling died all of the sudden?!

Duckiesandgeese

Hatching
May 31, 2021
Hey guys! I’m new here I thought I’d join since I always find myself here on these pages when I look up Information.
mall my life I grew up with chickens and now I’m into ducks and geese.
I bought 8 geese eggs from a person, they hatched four days ago only 4 hatched thou. Two died during hatch, I think they may be a little inbred. My problem is that my one favourite four day old gosling, that I held this morning and was all snuggling and playful, had to leave for a couple of hours... come back and she’s dead the other three were trying to help her up and couldn’t.
what would be the sudden death. I have unmedicated food, niacin in their water, clean bedding and they were all happy and healthy yesterday and running around. I looked at her poop that she had earlier today it looked okay.

do you think this could be from inbreeding?

Well my four goslings all kind of look alittle inbred and this one that died was the biggest one. I’m not sure either, but I may give these ones a bath and wash and clean everything, just incase of a disease or something.
But I’m scared they are all going to slowly die because of the inbred. I really don’t like the fact that some people think inbreeding is okay.

Back
Top Bottom