Gosling died :(

Miss Beaky

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
my little gosling, 6 weeks old just died. Not sure why. He was fine this morning/afternoon. He seemed himself and had been eating and drinking and when I went back outside I could not find him. Looked in the house and there he was. So sad! I just don't know what happened. Poor little thing. My other gosling seems to be okay though-fingers crossed.

my little gosling, 6 weeks old just died. Not sure why. He was fine this morning/afternoon. He seemed himself and had been eating and drinking and when I went back outside I could not find him. Looked in the house and there he was. So sad! I just don't know what happened. Poor little thing. My other gosling seems to be okay though-fingers crossed.
What a shame. If there were no signs of it having problems, then it must have been just one of those things....the other one will be lonely, though.

Must have been just one of those things. I think the other one might be okay as we also have 12 ducks and the ducklings are around the same age and they are always together so he is doing what he usually does with them. I will probably get another gosling though.

Must have been just one of those things. I think the other one might be okay as we also have 12 ducks and the ducklings are around the same age and they are always together so he is doing what he usually does with them. I will probably get another gosling though.
Yes, goslings do ok with ducks, but it´s a different story when they have one of their own kind around...she´s bound to be missing the other one.
Just out of interest, what do you feed them? do they get niacin/Vit B3 in their diet?

Back
Top Bottom