Gosling ID: Thinking these guys aren’t domestic

Weeg

Enabler
Jul 1, 2020
Small town in Western Washington
My Coop
My Coop
Hey everyone, got a message from a friend this afternoon saying they found some ducklings on the side of the road, and picked them up because they almost got hit by huge trucks multiple times. They asked if I wanted them. Of course I accepted, but when I saw them, quickly realized they are not ducklings, and am actually wondering if they’re Canadian Geese. It would make sense since they were on the side of the road. If they are then we’ll hold onto them until we can take them to the local wild life rehab center. If not, it
IMG_4849.jpeg
looks like I have three new geese.

I don’t feel like I have enough knowledge to tell, I have zero experience with geese. Thoughts?
I can get better pictures if necessary.

That's amazing! I just saw a YouTube about how to catch and keep wild ducks, or geese or whatever somehow legally and keep them. Maybe it's trending? But anyway your guess is probably 10x better than mine. I look forward to seeing how it goes for your new babies!

That's amazing! I just saw a YouTube about how to catch and keep wild ducks, or geese or whatever somehow legally and keep them. Maybe it's trending? But anyway your guess is probably 10x better than mine. I look forward to seeing how it goes for your new babies!
If they’re wild im not interested in keeping them. It’s illegal, and they deserve to live in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom