Gosling vs Rhubarb Nibble

Beccatrix

Songster
Nov 28, 2021
262
617
176
Wisconsin
I had my nearly 8 week old gosling get away from me for about 10 seconds, and she managed to snatch a tiny bite of rhubarb leaf. Anything I should worry about or treat proactively?
 
How is she doing right now?

Rhubarb leaves are poisonous because of the high concentration of oxalis acid in the leaves. It can cause vomiting and other issues. If too much is compnsumed it can cause severe illness and kidney problems.

Do you have activated charcoal?

Activated charcoal can scrub up any toxins that may still be in her gi tract (I know it’s been several hours since you posted)

Apple cider vinegar, watermelon, any very watery fruits can help flush her kidneys and overall system too.
 

New posts New threads Active threads

Back
Top Bottom