Got a goose question

A1greenhorn

Hatching
Apr 1, 2018
Two years ago, a hawk dropped a baby gosling into my yard. It survived and is very well. As the only wildlife rehab-er had long retired, we raised her and surprise--she's a Canadian goose. She stayed because she has a boyfriend duck who will not leave her. Out of curiosity, I snitched one of her eggs and it does look fertilized, but they have never hatched. She keeps trying so hard that I thought I'd slip her either some good eggs-or a couple of Canadian goslings. Does anyone know where I could buy either eggs or goslings?
Thank you for any help.

How cool.
I knew storks delivered babies but I didn't know hawks did.

If your in the US, your required to have a permit to keep Canada Geese "maybe you already have a permit". So looking for Canada eggs may raise flags with the Conservation Department. But lots of people sell domestic geese eggs and she'd likely set them and never know the difference. I'd check you local Craigslist first, maybe Ebay as well.

Her eggs were never fertile no matter how hard the drake tried. You can't legally obtain Canada goose eggs without proper permits. Not worth it. Find some eggs or goslings locally for her to raise. She'll make a good mother.

Back
Top Bottom