Got a new cat...

SarahFair

Songster
11 Years
Sep 23, 2008
Monroe, Ga
So about monday I got a kitten. I think its only 5 to 6 weeks old as it is very little and sucking on my chin and ear at night. The people got it out of the sewer infront of their house. She was very shy and timid but very sweet.
I got the big idea that another cat might be good for her.
Not.
At first she followed it around sniffing then started hissing. The new cat is about 5 months (i think) and just awsome! It is the cat everyone wants cause it sits in your lap and wants to be petted petted petted.
Vega (the kitten) is being SO nasty to EVERYTHING!
Shes doing that deep growl..you know before they hiss even at her toys when I play with her. When I go to pick her up shes "growling" and hissing at me.

I dont really know what to do at this point.
I didnt think a small kitten like that could be so nasty about another cat!

hmm.png
It stinks when a good idea turns out like that.

Hopefully she'll settle in and things will be fine. If not it you may want to see how rehoming her in a catless home turns out.

Patients is the key, that is totally normal and they will get used to each other. Don't worry, things will settle down and be fine..especially because the one is so little. she is just scared, but she will adjust!! my mom and I rescued orphaned kittens for about 10 years and every time a new one came in that would happen. So don;t worry, it will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom